Do you love transforming raw data to business critical decisions? Are you excited to build solutions for a more renewable, sustainable future?
The AWS Infrastructure Energy Team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Data Engineer II to design and build solutions to integrate environmental sustainability data across AWS’s infrastructure and operations to support AWS’s progress towards Amazon’s net zero carbon goal.
A successful candidate will streamline data collection process, build automation tools, enhance the quality of the data, and develop visualizations to monitor carbon and broader sustainability data. The role will need to build data pipelines to stream data from multiple sources internal and external to AWS. The ideal candidate will know how to design logical schemas that organize data in a meaningful, efficient way and understand how to build scalable and maintainable solutions. The candidate is an expert at data modeling, ETL design and business intelligence tools, and has hands-on knowledge of databases such as Redshift. The role will partner closely with internal customers to invent new technical solutions to highly complex sustainability data analytics problems.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, information systems, or a related technical discipline
· 3+ years of relevant experience data engineering roles
· 2+ years of coding experience in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, Java
· 2+ years of database experience in database design, data modeling, writing advanced SQL queries, data warehousing in Redshift, MySQL, or other relational database systems
· 1+ years of experience creating visual data representations, such as Tableau, QuickSight, or other BI platforms
· Masters in related field
· 1+ years of experience with ETL and report automation
· 1+ years of experience with AWS services such as Redshift, DynamoDB, S3, EC2, Lambda, EMR, RDS, Aurora
· Proven track record partnering with business owners to understand requirements and developing analysis to solve their business problems
· Experience managing and analyzing carbon data
· Advanced proficiency in Excel
· Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills and attention to details
· Be a passionate self-starter
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role